Sunday, March 13, 2011

Water & Marble - P.K. Page

I found this poem posted in a streetcar earlier today.

Water & Marble - P.K. Page

And I shall tell him that the thought of him
turns me to water
and when his name is spoken pale still sky
trembles and breaks and moves like blowing water
that winter thaws its frozen drifts in water
all matter blurs, unsteady, seen through water
and I, in him, dislimn, water in water?

As true: the thought of him
has made me marble
and when his name is spoken blowing sky
settles and freezes in a dome of marble
and winter seals its floury drifts in marble
all matter double-locks as dense as marble
and I, in others' eyes, am cut from marble.

8 comments:

  1. Awesome! I saw it on the Main Street bus. Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks!! i had to scrounge the web to find it! love how the TTC is finally putting up poetry! they had been doing in vancouver for a while now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Thank you, I saw this poem today and I wanted it so bad it I couldn't take a picture of it or write it fast enough :)

    LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting Toronto for the first time... Riding a subway for the first time... Poetry in the subway... It was an experience I will never forget, and a poem that spoke to my heart and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its 'and shall I tell him....'

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is so amazing to find how so many more others were as taken by this poem as I was when I first read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep I came across this too last year and loved it! I came across some others too that were great too, I managed to type in a line or 2 from the poems and am so glad I have found them online! Thanks! London, UK

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed a lot...Thanks

    ReplyDelete